The purpose of this policy is to inform you in a clear and detailed way of what a cookie is, what its purpose is, what type of cookies we use and how to configure or delete them.
Our website only uses necessary cookies and customization cookies that are exempt from the obligation of informed consent, and we do not transfer data to third countries.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your browser when you visit our website. These files store information about your browsing and interaction with our website, in order to make your user experience more efficient and to be able to show you advertising based on your browsing habits. Some cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our website, such as technical cookies or for customizing the user interface, and others, such as analysis cookies or behavioral advertising cookies, require that we inform you and that give us your consent before you can use them.
Not necessarily, and never in our case.
The working group of the article 29 (former GT29 and current European Data Protection Committee) in its Opinion 4/2012, “on the exemption from the requirement of consent of cookies”, considers that they do not pose a risk to you and exempts from the obligation to obtain prior informed consent to their use, to all cookies that are:
- necessary because the communications are transmitted through a network between the user and the servers that host the web, and to all those that
- are necessary to provide a specific functionality explicitly requested by the user.
WG29 even defined the purposes that it explicitly considers having more benefits than risks for you:
As far as its purpose is concerned, GT29 explicitly excludes the following cookies from the obligation to obtain the informed consent of the visitor:
- Cookies called “user input”, which are usually used to track user actions when filling in the online forms of an http session, or to remember the shopping basket the user has selected in an e-commerce,
- Session cookies that are used for authentication or user identification, which store a kind of token (witness that the user is who he claims to be and has already been authenticated) to prevent this user from having to give his username or password on each page he requests and having restricted access control,
- User security cookies specifically introduced to reinforce the security of the service explicitly requested by the user. For example, to detect erroneous and repeated attempts to connect to a website, or abuses,
- Session cookies of the media player,
- Session cookies to balance the burden of information systems,
- User interface customization cookies, such as to remember your preferred language; and
- Certain add-on cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content.
Regarding the treatment of data collected through analysis cookies, the aforementioned opinion of the current European Data Protection Committee stated that, although they are not exempt from the duty to obtain informed consent for their use, it is unlikely that they represent a risk to the privacy of users as long as they are first party cookies, processing aggregate data for a strictly statistical purpose, information on their uses is provided, including the possibility for users to express their refusal to use them.
Technical cookies are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application as well as the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including the management and operation of the website and the enabling of its functions and services (for example, identify your session, access parts of the website that have restricted access, remember the elements that make up your order, carry out the purchase process of your order or manage your payment). The website cannot function properly without these cookies, for which they are considered necessary, and in our specific case we use the following:
Check if your browser accepts cookies.
Preference or personalization cookies allow our website to remember information that changes the way our page behave or the way it looks, in order to differentiate your experience from that of other users. As an example, it is usual to remember the language in which you want to view our website. If you are the one who voluntarily chooses these characteristics, for example, by checking the language flag, it is considered an expressly requested service as long as the cookies exclusively obey the purpose of personalization, for which in this case it would not be required to ask for an explicit authorization. Our website uses the following preferences cookies:
Remember in which language you want to view our web pages
You can manage, handle and disable at any time the cookies that our website uses from your browser, for example, to withdraw your consent, following the instructions offered by the manufacturer of your browser:
- Instructions for Microsoft Edge
- Instructions for Google Chrome
- Instructions for Google Android
- Instructions for Internet Explorer 11
- Instructions for Mozilla Firefox
- Instructions for Opera
- Instructions for Safari
If you disable the installation of cookies in your browser, you can continue to access our website, but it may happen that your browsing is not optimal and that some of the services offered may not work properly.
Last updated: April 12, 2021